Objectives of the society:
- Meeting experts of the various clinical disciplines working in the field of child and adolescent mental health within a scientific society.
- Exchange of knowledge during workshops on varied topics : ambulatory, hospital, institutional clinical practices.
- Opening the exchanges between professionals from various theoretical models: medical and psychiatric but also psychotherapeutical practices (analytical, systemic, cognitive) and also from epidemiology and research.
- Two mornings and one whole working day per years on a specific topic in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry based on theoretical and clinical aspects, discussions in round table and debates with the participants.
- Subscription to the review 'Childhood-Adolescence' published twice a year.
- Information about congress, conferences,... organized by international companies with which the SBFPDAEA has contacts.
The French speaking Belgian organization of psychiatry and the disciplines associated with childhood and adolescence was constituted as a non-profit association. The general assembly elected a Board composed of eight people including a president, a treasurer and a secretary. Each mandate lasts three years and can be consecutively renewed three times. The President of the Board is in charge of the organization of scientific activities, current management and the acceptance of the new candidatures. The members include doctors, psychiatrists and child and adolescent psychiatrists, psychologists, ortophonists, social workers and psychomotricians. Members run a daily practice in the field of child and adolescent mental health.
Updated: 3 October 2016.