ESCAP member profile
Belgian French-Speaking Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions
Société Belge Francophone de Psychiatrie et des Disciplines Associées de l'Enfance et de l'Adolescence (SBFPDAEA)
Main aims of the society:
- To offer meeting opportunities with experts in child and adolescent mental health clinical and research fields;
- To share national and international scientific updates with child and adolescent mental health professionals in the French-speaking region;
- To promote the continuous change in clinical practices in accordance with recent scientific findings;
- To enhance exchange between mental health professionals and users (children, adolescents, and their families);
- Organization of regional congresses, with local and international speakers;
- Interactive workshops connecting clinical and research activities;
- Virtual access to scientific activities and updates (website, YouTube Channel, newsletter);
- Publication of the peer-reviewed journal “Childhood - Adolescence”, issued twice a year (available in French);
- Information about international activities with which the SBFPDAEA cooperates (IACAPAP, ESCAP,…).
The French-speaking Belgian Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions was constituted as a non-profit association.
The general assembly elected a Board composed of eight people including a president, a treasurer and a secretary. Each mandate lasts three years and can be renewed consecutively three times.
The members include medical doctors, adult psychiatrists, child and adolescent psychiatrists, psychologists, speech therapists, social workers, psychomotor therapists and all professionals working in the field of child and adolescent mental health. Students in all disciplines are welcomed in the Society.
Last update: March 2022
The current Board is composed by young professionals, forming a dynamic team. This Board main aim is to embody and disseminate the recent advances in Child and Adolescent mental health professions, in French-speaking Belgium.
Dr Mouna Al-Husni, Vice-president
Prof. Sophie Symann, Secretary
Société Belge Francophone de Psychiatrie et des Disciplines Associées de l'Enfance et de l'Adolescence
Address: Ancienne Chaussée de Braine-l’Alleud 10 – 1640 Rhode-St-Genese (Belgium)
E-mail address: email@example.com YouTube Channel
Updated: June 2022